Thursday, October 5, 2006

ok, i really do want feedback on this one


So, I've been talking with a teacher at school about finishing this credential (teaching license) and working on another. He laughs at me and tells me that I sound like I don't know what I want our of life. I'm always talking about "what's next?"

This is a continuous conversation. Today, I was telling a few of them about my dream to teach overseas again. And they all were laughing, asking if I had a bag packed in the car, just in case. Randy is quite a bit older than me, more like my dad's age. I told him I thought it seems like it's a generational thing: I don't know anyone who has "settled" --- or did so right after college. We all have degrees that we are somehow using, but we have dreams we want to fulfill -- and we've always be taught to go for them. His gerneration works hard doing whatever they need to do to sustain their families.

Am I really crazy like they say? Or is our generation always going to be searching? I realize I'm at the age where I should "settle down," but what if I never do? What if that really is my worst nightmare?

Randy then asked me, "When will you be happy? When will you know?" Which may open the door for spiritual conversations. My answer to this, from a spiritual perspective, would be, I am happy now, because this is where God has me. But I'm restless. Can those two things go together? Wow. What a spriritual challenge: to be able to share my faith with these people on my contentedness. Is that really possible? Seems like an oxymoron to me. What about sharing my faith because of my contentedness AND my ability to live out my dreams?

HELP!

No comments: