Monday, October 11, 2010

Day Dreamin'

Remember when you were a little kid and you used to day dream about Disneyland?

And then you got older and you day dreamed about your first kiss?  Or Prom?  Or dating a football player?  About "Todd" or any other fictional character you read about?
(Or was that just me?)

And then you get older and dream about falling in love and getting married. And getting to say "I love you" before you fell asleep each night.

I do.  And I distinctly remember praying, "God, please let me still day dream when all of this DOES come true!"  I was terrified of losing the ability to dream.  Some cynical girlfriends told me I'd start dreaming of having sex with movie stars.  That did not help the panic I encountered at the end of each day dream.

Well, my day dreams became reality:  I fell in love and get to whisper "I love you" every night before we fall asleep.  And the other morning, in that place between sleep and awake, I began day dreaming again.  About our future.  About what tomorrow will look like for us.  About...

...there's always room to dream!

No comments: