Thursday, November 6, 2008

They seem to think he's god...


I'm seriously amazed. And I don't mean that to be...I don't even know what I am by saying this, but seriously, how does the whole world see this man as THE ONE who can save the world? Why? Maybe I've been living under a rock, but I'm pretty sure this sort of energy hasn't happened to other President-elects.

"His increase (vote share) was across the board." Everyone voted for him. Or did they vote against President Bush. Way to stick it to him?

I got an email from a friend in Nigeria sharing pictures of people's reactions across the globe.


Senegal

Sydney, Australia
Tel Aviv, Israel

Manila, Philippines
Obama, Japan


I did learn: to Shia Muslims, "Hussein" means Anointed One. It was the name of Muhammed's grandson and he was martyred. To this day, Shia Muslims gather on the day of his death and beat their chests to mourn his death. So, we can understand why some Muslims are so happy.

But do the rest of these people think that one man can fix their world? Um, I don't know about you...but this scares me.

I found this too. I liked some, but still wonder...where does this man have "savior" tattooed on him? Don't headlines like this scare ANYONE? My Iranian friend, who adamantly opposes his country's leader, is not exactly comforted. Um, and just in case anyone wondered, Russians are the most racist people group on this planet. If you have a deep tan in Moscow, you might get beat up on the subway. No joke. It happened. My mom sent me this email today, and, although I don't understand all of this, it scares me.

Seriously, why are they telling all about Palin? Can't we keep loving her and her naivete? And can't NBC recognize that she's made them millions in ratings?!

So I'm going to work on praying. Lots. And let my faith be tried. And rest in His peace.

No comments: