Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Just for you

My friend, Elizabeth, has encouraged me to blog more. I argue with my boyfriend often over the reasons why people blog. I don't blog because I think I'll someday be a famous writer or because I think I say anything worth hearing. In fact, most of the time I'm better keeping my mouth shut.

But Elizabeth reminded me that most of my good friends don't live near me. Of course my boyfriend and my sister and my friends here hear my rants. I just want to write them here for people who aren't around to hear my thoughts. I feel like I am losing touch over the years with people I don't want to lose touch with. And I catch up with acquaintances that live in the Philippines just because they have a blog that's fun to read and cute kids!

I don't have photos of kids. I don't have a very exciting day-to-day anymore. (Teaching is pretty much like Freedom Writers, only there are no "CUT!"s or scene changes or money for fun field trips AND there are a lot more liabilities.) I do have cute second cousins (or are they first-cousins-once-removed?) that I take a lot of pictures of. I'm pretty sure my boyfriend doesn't want me broadcasting him (I guess most don't), and I probably won't advertise that I have a blog, but I do want to keep in touch with more friends, so I will try to tell you more about my uneventful life!

Thanks, Elizabeth!

No comments: