Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Card

Merry Christmas, 2007 magnify
2007 was an amazing year! Twelve pictures for 12 Wonderful months.

January: I ran two more half marathons! I’ve really developed a love for running, even if my body doesn’t like it much.

February: My grandma and I, along with our family celebrated our 77th and 27th birthdays beachside. I love living so close to my family and seeing my second cousins grow up.

March: I guess nothing that much exciting happened. But the sunsets where I live are pretty beautiful, most of the time. God is good!

April: After sending several students to their senior Prom, I said goodbye to one of the first groups I carried through my ELD program at school. I’ve found myself investing a lot more “heart” into my students, and the rewards are endless. I feel so blessed to teach such wonderful students. My job is never easy, but I don’t expect it to be. It is the best job I could ever ask for! Fun, but bittersweet memories!

May: My sister, Amber, graduated with her Master’s in Social Work from Long Beach and we threw her a big party with family and friends. I’m very proud of her and happy to live with someone who is now employed full time!

June: I moved back to California to watch my little brother graduate from high school, and he did, in June! He’s living and working in LA now, happy to be out of Lake Arrowhead (just like me!)

July/ August: I went to Madrid, Spain to begin working on my Master’s degree in International Education. Bull fights, museums, shopping, and nightlife aside, I met some amazing friends from around the world who encouraged and enlightened me! The summer left me refreshed and ready for another year -- just what the doctor ordered!

September: Grandma got married! And the whole family gathered in my aunt’s backyard to celebrate with her and her new husband, Wayne.

October: My years at John Brown were a blessing and continue to be! I got to return to my university for my 5th homecoming! I was reunited with friends, and enjoyed a refreshing weekend.

November: Make new friends and keep the old. New friendships have thrived over the past few months. I’m luck to have found such an amazing community here in Orange County. Here, we went to a pumpkin patch for Jenni’s birthday.

December: More friends, more fun, and a hope for a fantastic year to come! I’m probably the Luckiest girl in the world to be healthy, Working a Job that I love, Surrounded by Friends that love and care for me, and Living with my family around me. I am blessed!

“Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger."
Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,
"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."” Luke 2:11-14

Many blessings to you and yours this holiday season! Merry Christmas --

No comments: