Sunday, September 1, 2013

How We've Done Summer

It felt like summer didn't really begin until Baby Oz arrived.  I felt like I was on hold til Mom was out of the hospital.  And then I wanted baby to come.  And he did.  And then we got this party started.  
Audy is really good with the baby.  But he wants to hold him all the time.  Sometimes he gets to - less now than at the beginning when I had more sympathy for him.  He's a great big brother though.  

Goofy kid.  We did lots of walks around the neighborhood to wear him out (until our stroller gave out.)  He has protested naps all summer.  Fortunately, he'll still rest quietly so I can have a break.  

Now that Grandma feels better, she can come over and play with her boys regularly.  

He wanted to nurse as soon as he saw me with Oz.  Daddy wasn't ok with that (neither was I, really) but I offered him a glass of my first pumped milk.  He was excited, but not super happy with the flavor.  He had to chase it with some juice.

Quick morning trip to the beach one weekend.  I think we lasted a whole 15 minutes.  Someone's afraid of the waves!

Joe Cool eating his donut.  Momma needs to kick this habit.  I don't really have the "baby wants it" excuse anymore.  Hey, at least we walked there to get it!

A friend had passes to Legoland, so we went on a hunt for every Lego firetruck we could find!




Palm Springs for a quick getaway with Daddy and his business partner.  We went to the Air Museum (and played on the firetruck) while Daddy worked. 

Oz has decided he likes my summer dreams as well - sleeping at the lagoon!

Used our Sea World passes to visit Amanda and introduce Baby Shamu to Shamu.  Audric also informed me that day that I couldn't call Oz "Shamu" any more.  He's been Baby Oz ever since.  


No summer would be complete without plenty of root beer floats (and restaurants with A/C)

Jason took this photo to show me that Oz and I sleep the same everynight.  We didn't sleep with Audy in our bed and Oz...well, he just fits right there!  I love sleeping next to him and it's helped me get solid sleep since he arrived.  We'll see how long it lasts.

This guy has discovered the tea pot in our room.  And he knows how to use it.  So we let him, for now.  When he gets a sister, he can show her how to use it, right?!

We've sure loved watching this guy earn his double chin.  While I've plowed through 4 seasons of Alias (Jennifer Garner is now my best friend), he's been a champion nurser. I think he's put on 4 pounds.  We'll find out this Friday.

We celebrated my Mom's 60th birthday on a boat in Newport.  She's on the boat...hiding behind Zack - I swear she ducked out of all the photos!  But it was great to celebrate her life and the healing she's experienced this year!  She is still in remission and not taking any chemo drugs for now.  She recently learned that Multiple Myeloma is no longer considered a death sentence, but a chronic disease. We continue to pray for her health, but rejoice in all that's happened so positively!

I also got to see a dear friend that I met in Russia TEN YEARS (gasp!) ago.  My how our lives have changed.  In between our children crying, we got to catch up - what a special treat!

And I get to pack a few more adventures into my extended summer while I finish my maternity leave.  Maybe I'll get to blog a bit more too!

No comments: