Sunday, July 13, 2008

A few of my favorite things...

I love making a feast for friend and listening to the silence after everyone is served -- because their mouths are full and tummys are big filled. My apartment here in Madrid has 6 rooms with 6 people. When friends, like Addie, Jeff, and Steve come for dinner, we can all gather around the huge dinning room table and laugh and enjoy a meal...that's my most favorite thing.I still love sangria. I discovered one places' secret ingredient this weekend: Fanta. Who knew? Drinking that much makes you sick -- not from the alcohol (which helps, I'm sure) but the sugar is a bit much! Gathering with friends on Plaza Santa Ana for a few pitchers of sangria will ALWAYS be one of my favorite things to do.Spain. I just love Spain. Our program offered another accreditation training this weekend, so I went, mostly to take photos! The country of Spain is exactly what you would expect: dry, arid, and a lot like Southern California! We were on a fruit farm...not a lot of fruit around, but some beautiful views. And now I might be able to travel around to International Schools for accreditations!

I'm enjoying my time in Madrid. It's hard to believe it's halfway over! This season has been a lot easier because I already had friends, already know the city and what I like to do here, and my classes are much, much easier. I've had time to rest, time to think, and time to do nothing, which is good for me. I'm getting sad that this will all end, but I'm excited too -- to have a Master's degree!

No comments: