Friday, September 1, 2006

Sex in the City


So, as summer comes to an end, my biggest disappointment is going to be that I can't stay up till 11.30 watching the WB's clean version of this show. I used to watch the DVDs but was disgusted with all the details they reveal. But the shortened, edited versions are cute and funny.

And miserably sad. Every episonde reveals another character's broken heart. It has became so popular so quickly. Why? Because people could identify? Or because we like watching other people's misery? Either way, I think it is a sad statement of our society.

Even sadder, there are folks out ther that believe people really live the way those 4 women did. Here's your sign: they were all 36+, single, and NOT happy.

And, their writers say, life ISN'T really like that. IT'S A TV SHOW! I read Greg Berhendt's book, "He's just not that into you," a while back, and in the intro, he states that any woman who conducts herself like that won't find a quality man.

But....then I went to Greg's show last week. He's not that convincing. His show comes out soon, and it'll be interesting to see if it makes it. The one show I saw...wouldn't hook me. But hey, everyone deserves a chance.

Even really horrible TV shows. Alas...all good things must come to an end. And bad things too, hopefully.

No comments: