My friend Sara, whom I actually know from college, but didn't really get to know until we both moved overseas, just spent a week in California (and this is the only picture I got of the two of us!)
It is extremely refreshing to be with her -- to know someone so entrenched in learning more about herself and about the world around her while being commited to doing God's will with her life. I hope she does decide to move here someday...selfishly!
My connection with the girl with the Arkansas/British accent surprised people. I love that we still have this connection. I love making connections..."so you know my cousin's nephew? he works your your dad's friend from school..." Having friends that know your friends, in a totally different context makes life interesting. A guy friend told me the other day that he had lunch with the brother of a guy I teach with. I just discovered that the brother goes to my church, which means I could open quite a door for the teacher whose room is 2 doors from mine. Church is such a social network -- how do people meet friends without it?
Monday, April 24, 2006
Connections
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment