So, seeing as I'm leaving on Friday for Ireland to visit my beloved Megan Lynn, I'm going to miss the Harry Potter premier! I suppose I'll either drag her and Virgil to the movies in Dublin or be the first in line when I return.
|
Ahh...Dublin. I'm stoked to get out of the country for the first time in a year and half. I'm stoked to see Megan again. I'm excited for the ADVENTURE! I crave it, and, well, except for the crazy stories I get from students, teaching is as wild of an adventure as I thought it would be. I spent 12 hours at school yesterday trying to finish grading. If I kept grades as I had told the students I would, I had more than half of my classes failing. I expect a lot out of these students -- I know I do and I tell them I do. How is it that 10 of them aim for the mark while the rest don't even try?
Matt Lauer was in Croatia this moring. That's my dream destination. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3041544/ Venice, then the overnight ferry to Dubrovnik...perfectly romantic. My fantazy started with Kovach, the tall dark handsome doctor on ER who is from Croatia. But then I realized (while I was there) that all Russians go there instead of the Rivera. So there's a goal for me...Croatia!
I have the day off (Thank you, veterans!) so I'm off to train for my 1/2 marathon, grade bad essays and clean my bathroom. Whoohoo!
Tags: |
No comments:
Post a Comment